War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Blackmon to start for CFL's Calgary Stampeders

We here at the Ledger-Enquirer are still working on getting in touch with former Auburn linebacker Tray Blackmon, but in the meantime, Blackmon makes his Canadian Football League debut tonight for the Calgary Stampeders. That's the defending Grey Cup champion Calgary Stampeders for those that care.

This game preview lists Blackmon as Calgary's starting middle linebacker when it takes on the Montreal Alouettes tonight at 8.

Also, here's a team Q&A with Blackmon from back on June 4 in which he had good things to say about his star-crossed time at Auburn. Here's an excerpt:
"No matter what, I have nothing bad to say about the people at Auburn. I love them because they took really good care of me and they’re still like family to me. That’s why I say that this is just the way things were meant to be and I’m trying to seize the moment and take advantage of it."

No comments: