Swain had the longest commitment of any of Auburn's signees, committing last March after only Izauea Lanier and Spencer Region, who both decommitted from the Tigers.
At 6-foot-3, 215 pounds, Swain has the size to play linebacker but will likely play safety, where his size is a bonus but his speed isn't ideal.
With Zac Etheridge and Aairon Savage graduating and Mike McNeil as the only returning starter, Auburn is definitely looking for safety help.
Follow the blog on Twitter and Facebook.
- Committed: March 27, 2010
- Recruited by: Tommy Thigpen
- Also considered: Kentucky, Tennessee, Southern Miss, UAB
- Rivals: 24 position, 11 state
- Scout: 36 position
- ESPN: 25 position
- Notable: Played in the Alabama-Mississippi State All-Star game. Returned two kicks for 70 yards.
- Quotable: “It’s not a fast-pace city. It’s more laid back. I like it. I’m a country boy so I liked it.” -- Swain on Auburn
Here's a scouting report by Scout's Scott Kennedy:
A versatile defender with good size, Swain can be seen lining up as an in the box strong safety or covering the slot receiver as a nickel back at any given time. Swain has the size of a potential outside linebacker candidate and that might end up being his best position on the college level. He doesn't turn and run as well as most D1 safeties, but he's better against the run than most of them as well.