The heir apparent to Ryan Pugh, Dismukes is already enrolled in school to get a jump on next year by going through spring drills.
He's strong and has impressed scouts with his advanced technique and quickness. With few center prospects on the current roster, it wouldn't be shocking if he slid in and played right away.
Dismukes was named the Class 5A Lineman of the Year after helping Spanish Fort High win a state title.
Follow the blog on Twitter and Facebook.
- Committed: April 21, 2010
- Recruited by: Curtis Luper, Jeff Grimes
- Also considered: Alabama, Florida State, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech, Stanford
- Rivals: 79 overall, 1 position, 4 state
- Scout: 202 overall, 5 position
- ESPN: 56 overall, 1 position
- Notable: Was read to announce commitment to Alabama last February. Waited and committed to Auburn two months later.
- Quotable: "Anytime you see a junior as a team captain it should really speak volumes about that player and the respect he commands from his teammates. He’s just such a tough, hard-nosed, intelligent, relentless football player who has tremendous body control and athletic ability. He takes pride in everything he does." -- Spanish Fort coach Bryan Vincent
Here's a scouting report by Scout's Andrew Bone:
Dismukes is one of the best center prospects in the country. He understands the position and does a great job reading the defense. He is explosive off the ball and continues to move his feet until the whistle is blown.