He suffered a fractured left fibula and a dislocated tibia in the 2010 season opener but had surgery and returned in time to earn MVP honors in the 1A state championship, which Sweet Water won 36-0 over R.A. Hubbard. Landrum had nine tackles and a 10-yard touchdown run in the game.
A big, fast linebacker, Landrum could play either inside or outside linebacker at the college level. The scouting services say his strong tackling skills could be a boost on special teams right away.
He had 68 tackles, 12 sacks and 947 rushing yards his junior year.
Follow the blog on Twitter and Facebook.
- Committed: May 12, 2010
- Recruited by: Jay Boulware
- Also considered: Alabama, Tennessee, Duke, UAB, Memphis
- Rivals: 48 position (OLB), 21 state
- Scout: 22 position (MLB)
- ESPN: 105 position (OLB)
- Notable: Missed nine weeks during the regular season because of the leg injury but returned for all five of Sweet Water's playoff games.
- Quotable: “I was an Alabama fan that never had been to Auburn. When I visited, it sort of changed my mind about things. I really liked it. I like how they stress family. They don't just talk about it. They show it." -- Landrum
A big hybrid defensive end, linebacker who lines up all over the field for his Sweet Water team including wingback and wildcat quarterback at times. Is used mostly as a pass rushing end or blitzing linebacker. Is strong at the point of attack, but lets himself get blocked too much, content to let his pass rushing move consist of dipping a shoulder into a lineman and driving him backwards. A tough blocker at wing back.