War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nothing new on quarterbacks

If Gene Chizik and Gus Malzahn have narrowed down the quarterback field, nobody's heard anything yet.

We spoke with two of the contenders this afternoon -- Kodi Burns and Neil Caudle -- and neither knew anything about the field getting cut by one (Barrett Trotter is the other healthy quarterback in contention).

Malzahn said after Saturday's scrimmage that his goal this week was to whittle the three-man quarterback race to two this week. The team had Sunday off because of Easter and is meeting for the first time since the scrimmage tonight.

"I'm really not too much worried about it," Burns said. "I know this position comes with that pressure and I've learned over the years to be able to handle that and have a strong head. All I can do is just leave it in God's hands. I got to know that I did my best and I can be pleased."

We get to speak to coaches after tonight's late practice. I'll update with any movement on the quarterback front, but I'm not holding breath for an announcement.

No comments: