War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Interesting sidenote

Typically the lobby of the Wynfrey is choked with people on the day Alabama's on stage at Media Days. Particularly in the timeslot when Alabama's actually on. But I just rode the escalator down to the lobby with Jay G. Tate from Montgomery just to take a look at the crowd and it was surprisingly thin.

It was crazy down there last year when Nick Saban and company arrived, but there might have been half as many people down there this year. Maybe less. I was pretty surprised by that. I've only been to this thing three times, but there was a significantly larger Alabama crowd down there the previous two years.

(And that may have nothing to do with Alabama. They've been more diligent about security here this year and that could have affected the number of people they allow into the lobby. I have no idea...I'm just saying there were fewer people, which I found interesting.)

No comments: