War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Kodi Burns Q/A

I spoke with Kodi Burns for a couple minutes after practice today. Couple other writers came up while we were talking and I'll include his response to one of their questions as well...

On whether he can empathize with Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers as far as having to discuss what’s happening with his position EVERY…SINGLE…DAY:
We definitely talk about it all the time. We’re just used to it. That’s part of it. Everybody’s gonna ask who’s gonna start, who’s gonna be the man, who’s better than who. They’re gonna go to the backup quarterbacks and ask them who’s the better guy – who do you think the better guy is. That’s part of it. A big part of playing quarterback is just having a strong head. Ultimately we’ve got to play a season and whether it’s Chris or me, it’s about Auburn, it’s not about the quarterback position. They may choose one or play both, but either way it goes, it’s about the team and that’s all we can worry about.

Do you get worn out of having to discuss this stuff every single day?
Yeah definitely. We worn out about it, but people want to know about it. People are gonna talk on the Internet about it. That’s just what they want to hear. That’s part of it. They want to hear, instead of me and Chris being friends, they want to hear controversy so they can have something to talk about. There’s nothing like that between me and Chris. We’re friends and we talk outside of football, inside of football and we help each other out on the field.

How did you feel about how today went for you?
I felt like it went real good. I started off a little rusty. Tried to start off where I left off in spring, and I think I did a little bit. Started off just a little bit rusty, but the biggest thing was spring gave me my confidence back so when I step out here now, it’s just another day of practice. It’s nothing to me no more. It’s just coming out here and making plays.

Talking about the Internet stuff, is it a surprise to you that there’s that much interest in you and what you do and say?
Not too much of a surprise because in high school, I was sort of highly recruited and people were already talking on the Internet about it. I got to Auburn and it was the same thing. People are gonna talk. They want something to write about and that’s a whole new world now. Anything you do, anything you say is gonna get blown up, so you’ve just gotta be careful what you say and compliment the team before you compliment yourself.

No comments: