War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Notes and notes and notes

Had a notebook in today's paper on some miscellaneous football things. You can read the whole thing here, or you can read the Cliff's notes version right here, in bullet form!
  • T'Sharvan Bell is now a safety. The 6-foot, 177-pound cornerback got moved after Christian Thompson was dismissed from the team and Aairon Savage suffered an Achilles' injury. Safeties coach Tommy Thigpen, by the way, does not expect to have Savage available this season. That's how severe the injury was.
  • Two players -- linebacker Da'Shaun Barnes and defensive lineman Andre Wadley -- are taking a medical hardship this season, according to AuburnSports.com. Barnes had hip problems. Wadley had kidney issues. Both will remain on scholarship, but they will not count against the Tigers' limit of 85.
  • While my request to speak to quarterback Chris Todd is pending (and quite honestly, might not happen until August), word from some of his teammates is the senior can fire the ball pretty hard when he wants to. "He’s putting some zing on that ball,” running back Ben Tate said. “I had to tell him sometimes, ‘Hey, Chris. Don’t throw the ball to me that hard. We’re just playing catch. You’re just trying to get warmed up.’ ”
  • In former Tiger news, linebacker Tray Blackmon led the Calgary Stampeders with 7 tackles and a forced fumble in a 40-27 loss to the Montreal Alouettes in his Canadian Football League debut last night. "I felt like I went out and I played hard and I gave great effort," Blackmon told The Canadian Press. "I had a couple plays I wish I could have back, maybe a couple errors out there. I wish I could have maybe ran harder to a play. We'll just go back and try to work on those little things and try to get better." Also, Tray is a blogger. Here's his first blog post about the opener.
  • Also of note, AuburnSports.com says Harry Adams, who moved to wide receiver in the spring, will be moving back to cornerback. Not surprising, considering the sudden lack of depth in the secondary.

No comments: