War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The War Eagle Extra is now on Facebook

We here at the blog like to think we're forward thinking when it comes to disseminating information. That's why we started a Twitter feed last year. It's been a great success, with 758 followers and counting. (Hey, why not follow the blog on Twitter if you're not already?)

Now we're expanding to Facebook (yes, only six and a half years after it was founded). I've created a War Eagle Extra fan page to make it easier to see when new blog posts and videos are up. I'm also going to use the page to directly link to articles that I run in the newspaper. Basically, I'm trying to make it a one-stop shop for readers to find my Auburn work.

Admittedly, I'm still in the tinkering phase, so I might switch things around in comings days and weeks as I see stuff that works and stuff that doesn't. Regardless, you can become a fan of the page by logging into your Facebook account and going to www.facebook.com/wareagleextra. From there you click the "like" button and you'll receive updates every time I post something.

I urge you to recommend the blog's fan page to anybody who you think might be interested. And I encourage you to provide feedback. Easier reader interaction is one of the best things Facebook has going for it.

I'm sure people use Facebook a lot more during their day than I do, although I'm adept enough not to call it "Face mask" like Bobby Petrino. What would you like to see or not like to see? How can the site improve my coverage for the newspaper? What applications would work best? I'll consider any recommendations people might have and we'll see how this experiment works.

13 comments:

Ray said...

Andy,

Just an idea, but you could also set up the "status" features of the page to be somewhat twitter-like in the sense that members can subscribe to the feed.

I for one really enjoy getting the news sent straight to my cell phone via text message using this feature so if you put headline news there, it would be extremely easy to stay up to date.

Just a suggestion!

Andy Bitter said...

I'll definitely take that into account. Like I said, I'm trying to figure out all the stuff you can do with a Facebook fan page on the fly. I'll keep experimenting until I find stuff that works well.

Jay G. Tate said...

Welcome to 2007!

Great blog. Love your work.

Andy Bitter said...

This was Plan B. Did you know MySpace is kind of a joke these days? Who knew?

Jay G. Tate said...

Maybe you couple post some stuff to your AOL Member Webpage. I hear it accepts BOLD tags now!

Andy Bitter said...

I'm a GeoCities man now and forever.

Jay G. Tate said...

On an unrelated note:

I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't play hard enough on defense. And that sometimes you don't even try ... except during the ployoffs.

Jay G. Tate said...

Or "playoffs."

Jim Mora is mad about that typo.

Andy Bitter said...

The hell I don't. LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

Andy Bitter said...

Or should I say ...

The hell I don't. LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at Lynchburg. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Tate and Goldberg up and down the press box for 48 minutes.

Hardin said...

AUBURN BEAT HACK FIGHT!

Tar Heel Tiger said...

Facebook? ewwwww.

Harrison, chip chip, and myself will just have to rely on wareagleextra.blogspot.com.

I guess we'll be the last to know any news.

Andy Bitter said...

The blog will still be where everything goes up first. I'm just using Facebook to spread the word easier.