War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Saturday an odd homecoming for Ole Miss' Trahan

I wrote a notebook for today's newspaper. Here's how the first item starts:
AUBURN, Ala. — Auburn cornerback Walt McFadden was set to be Patrick Trahan’s roommate a few years ago, back before the linebacker fell into poor academic standing and had to transfer away from the Plains.

“I’m still pretty upset with that because he left me with all the rent,” McFadden said with a grin. “And I had to pay a fine for that. So hopefully I can try to get that back this weekend.”

Trahan, now a 6-foot-2, 235-pound senior at Ole Miss, will make his first trip back to Auburn since leaving prior to his sophomore season.

The linebacker redshirted at Auburn in 2005 before playing in 12 games in 2006, making 11 tackles. He earned the nickname “The Gator” from teammates for the way he clapped his hands after making a tackle. But he was ruled academically ineligible prior to his sophomore season and left the program angry with the coaching staff.

“I just didn’t think it was right,” Trahan told the Clarion-Ledger in Jackson, Miss. “I didn’t think they treated my family right or me right.”
Read the rest here. And follow the blog on Twitter.

No comments: