War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Live chat coming Wednesday!

Sorry for the late notice on this, but we're going to try something new at the Ledger-Enquirer (at least for me) and have a live chat Wednesday afternoon at 1 p.m. EDT (noon central) to discuss Auburn athletics.

This is just a guess, but I think most of it will focus on football.

Here's a link to the chat or if you'd like to submit questions ahead of time.

(UPDATE: I'm not sure how the submitting questions function works. Apparently, you have to do it once the chat starts. Do not be dissuaded. Please arrive at 1 p.m. EDT and fire away with all the questions you've got.)

I encourage any and all to show up.

3 comments:

ron mexico said...

those are some interesting polls on the left side of the blog.... I would close practice if i was a coach just to avoid overhyping a season or getting over scrutinized as a coach, but it making the team better? I just don't understand why people would think that.

And how about the love for neil caudle? when was the last time that guy played a full season of football games? I hope he gets his shot, but burns is the way to go. People put too much stock into what they saw of burns last year when ensminger took over.
i guess everyone forgot about the last time ensminger was in charge and how terrible he made jason campbell look.

Skip Hansberger said...

I agree with ron mexico's comment about Burns in the Ensminger system...

But I think people underestimate Chris Todd ( I voted for Caudle, btw, in the poll). I think Todd could seriously contend for the job once his shoulder is full strength. I mean, imagine if you hurt your arm and couldn't make the throws you're used to making...

He even said early in the season last year that he isn't able to make the same throws he could make his junior year of high school because his arm is so much weaker (due to the injury). So credit Tony Franklin and/or Tommy Tuberville for putting him on the field anyway and ruining the public perception of him.

Now, I'm not saying he is the best quarterback on the team. But I am begging people not to count him out based on his performance last year... Not to mention that the offense simply was not all on the same page (his didn't perform too badly - just couldn't get the ball in the end zone. And need I remind folks that it's nearly impossible to score when your team can't run the ball? Again, credit that to Franklin and the other coaches).

That said, I think it will come down to Caudle and Burns, with Todd making a push when he is finally healthy.

Trotter will compete next year. I think he needs to improve his arm strength a little bit.

ron mexico said...

chris todd could very well be the most accurate, but his updside is limited. I just don't believe his surgery is going to fix his arm fully and his arm will wear down again, so we will be left with a noodle arm quarterback with no more eligibility after this season.