War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's quiet on the Plains ... too quiet

There's not a whole lot going on right now in Auburn. Students are wrapping up finals today I believe, and there's nary a peep on the athletics front for the time being (unless you count the baseball team's non-conference game at South Alabama tonight, which I don't).

But Auburn is letting you, the people, choose next year's football introduction video on its athletics page. Click here to vote. (If you have a chance, load it in Google Chrome. There seems to be some glitch that plays all the songs simultaneously in a horrible cacophony of sound probably used to torture Guantanamo Bay detainees.)

ANYWAY, here are the choices:
  • Vox Populi - 30 Seconds to Mars
  • All The Way Turnt Up - Roscoe Dash
  • Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses
  • Welcome to the Show - Saliva
  • Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
  • All I do is Win - DJ Kahled
  • Tiger Walk - Travis Williams
  • Street Fighter (War) - Sick Puppies
  • Thunderstruck - AC/DC
  • Cochise - Audioslave
  • I Made It - Kevin Rudolf w/Lil Wayne
  • Hero - Skillet
  • Shoot to Thrill - AC/DC
  • You're Going Down - Sick Puppies
  • Let's Go - Trick Daddy
  • Until the End - Breaking Benjamin
  • Family Reunion - Saliva
Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I'm always partial to a Gun N' Roses introduction. Isn't that what "Welcome to the Jungle" was written for? To get football fans amped?

You can also do write-in votes. I'm sure there will be plenty. Maybe it's because I used to work in Virginia, but I've always been partial to Virginia Tech's introduction using Metallica's "Enter Sandman." It's quite a scene. Everybody in the stands is jumping in unison. The stadium shakes. It's even better in person.


Thoughts?

8 comments:

Fancey said...

Having the worst sound system in the SEC, does it really matter?

AUburnt2acrisp said...

that enter sandman entrance was pretty badass.

Acid Reign said...

Outstanding! I think Metallica would sound muddy through Auburn's sound system, though.

BILL SWISHER said...

Here is my write in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TysshN1klek

Unknown said...

Almost fell out of my seat when I saw what Bill Swisher suggested!! Check it out.

postermom said...

Tick, Tick, Boom by the Hives. "I have done it before and I can do some more, I got my eye on the score..." http://new.music.yahoo.com/hives/videos/view/tick-tick-boom-50322286

easyedwin said...

Top Gun..........negative , Maverick, the pattern is full.

easyedwin said...

then...........the flyover!