War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Burns speaks

Kodi Burns, who was named the starter for the West Virginia game Oct. 23, had classes earlier today but met with the media around 4 p.m. Here are the highlights of what he had to say:
  • Burns sounded like he had a renewed optimism, saying, "It's just a relief to know that I am the guy and, hopefully, that I can go out there and lead my team to victory."
  • On being the starter: "It means a lot. It shows that they have confidence in me and now that I know that I can go out and actually play my game and I don't have to worry too much what's going to happen if I make a mistake."
  • Did he feel that pressure when Tony Franklin was the offensive coordinator? "I wasn't the guy. When you're the second-string guy, and compete for a job, you play, in a sense, not to make a mistake. That's what I caught myself doing at times."

No comments: