War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

RB Ben Tate talks about the upcoming NFL Draft

Just had a quick teleconference with former Auburn running back Ben Tate, who will be selected sometime in the NFL Draft, which starts tomorrow and lasts until Saturday. Here's a sampling of what he had to say:

(Nervous? Relaxed? Excited?)
"I'm just kind of chill right now. I'm not really excited yet. I'm not really too nervous yet. I haven't been thinking about it, actually. So I'm just trying to do my best right now, just to really keep my mind off of it. I really don't have any crazy feelings yet, but I'm pretty sure once it starts and it gets late into Thursday and Friday that I'll start getting pretty nervous then."
(What have you been doing since Pro Day?)
"Just been working out, trying to stay in shape, because some of these teams right after this weekend, they're going to have their mini-camps next weekend, things like that. So I'm trying to do my best to stay in pretty good shape."
(Did you accomplish what you want to?)
"Yeah. I think I really couldn't do too much more than any other prospect has done to help improve my stock. I've done really well. I think I did the best I can do through this whole process. I'm very excited about what I did to this point."
(Talk about the live Internet stream that you'll have during the draft, which you'll watch from your uncle's house in Brandywine, Md.)
"That's pretty much all it's going to be. It's going to be live on Ustream and it's going to give everyone a live look on how things are going to go while I'm waiting to be picked. You never know what you're going to see on there. It's live, so sometimes it might have to be cut off for a second or it might have to be muted. It's just my family and we're live. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be holding too much back, so it should be a fun and very entertaining experience for the fans who want to see me and watch."
(In a perfect world, would you like to play right away?)
"Of course. I'm a competitor and I definitely want to step on the field and play right away. But I wouldn't mind learning from a great, established veteran that's been pretty successful."

No comments: