War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Lee Ziemba hones game, closes in on record

I wrote a story on LT Lee Ziemba for today's newspaper. Here's how it starts:
AUBURN, Ala. — By the time Lee Ziemba’s Auburn career is over, he’ll have accomplished what few, if any, offensive linemen have in the program’s storied history.

Barring injury, he’ll have started more games than anybody in school history, a streak that began when he was a wide-eyed freshman, persisted despite an injury-plagued sophomore year and continued through an All-SEC junior season.

Yet it seems fans are just as quick to point out the left tackle’s penalties as they are to applaud his accomplishments.

Does he hear it?

“Heck yeah,” he said. “I hear it going to have supper with my girlfriend. Somebody stops me. It’s ridiculous.

“Whatever. You get in this position, you’re going to hear stuff like that. We’re trying to get it fixed. I’m always trying to improve. I come here every day and work my tail end off to try and improve myself. That’s my job.”

No comments: