War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

LT Lee Ziemba talks about penalties

Just finished an interview with Auburn left tackle Lee Ziemba. The subject of last year's penalties came up and Ziemba was refreshingly honest with his answers. Seems like he thinks they're overstated relative to the rest of his game and quite honestly, he doesn't like hearing about it all the time. A sampling:

(On last year's penalties)
"I didn't think they were … as bad as everybody makes it seem. Watch an NFL game. How many false starts do you see? Yeah, I messed up a few times. There's a lot of factors. It's a tough thing, but we're trying to get it fixed and corrected so it doesn't happen again. It's the game of football. It's a lot tougher than people think it is. It's not easy by any stretch of the imagination."
(Were they overstated?)
"Heck yeah. I hear it going to have supper with my girlfriend. Somebody stops me. It's ridiculous. Whatever. You get in this position, you're going to hear stuff like that. We're trying to get it fixed. I'm always trying to improve. I come here every day and work my tail end off to try and improve myself. That's my job."
(Do you feel underappreciated at Auburn?)
"I'm not doing it for appreciation. I'm doing it because I love playing football and I love Auburn University. I'm not doing it for anything other than that. I don't feel underappreciated. I feel good. I love being here. I wouldn't change anything about it. Yeah, I need to work on penalties. I have to work on a lot of different aspects of my game that people don't mention. It's not like I'm trying to mess up."

No comments: