War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Auburn releases Tuberville's resignation letter

Tommy Tuberville's resignation letter become public today. Here's what the Dec. 3 note entailed, according to an Associated Press report:

"This letter will confirm our recent conversations about my status as Head Football Coach. After long consideration, I have decided to resign. I understand that, notwithstanding my resignation, the University will make a total payment of $5,083,334 as outlined in Section 21 of my contract. I also understand that the structure and timing of the payments may be modified by mutual agreement.

"I deeply appreciate the opportunity to serve as Head Coach at Auburn and will continue to support Auburn's Athletic Program in any way I can."

Athletic director Jay Jacobs had a one-word response: "Agreed."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The language of this letter is very telling... I find it odd that Tuberville would write a resignation letter expecting to be paid a buyout that he was only entitled to if he was fired. This letter furthers my belief that this was a forced resignation.

Andy Bitter said...

I agree. Plus, the notion that Auburn paid Tuberville $5.08 million out of the goodness of its hearts is preposterous. Nobody's that nice.