War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Marks to enter NFL Draft

I'm on the road to New Orleans, but the news from Auburn doesn't stop. Defensive tackle Sen'Derrick Marks will make himself eligible for the 2009 NFL Draft, the school confirmed this morning.

Marks finished his Auburn career of 37 games with 114 tackles, 30 tackles for a loss and 7.5 quarterback sacks. A highly-regarded prospect entering the year, he fought through an injury-plagued season to finish with 32 tackles, 10 of which were for a loss.

“I’ve had a great experience during the last four years at Auburn,” Marks said. “However, I feel that it’s in my best interest to enter my name into the 2009 NFL Draft. It’s always been a dream of mine and I feel that I’m ready to advance to the next level.

"Auburn is, and always will be a special place to me. I want to thank all of my coaches at Auburn for giving me the opportunity to play college football and get an education. The Auburn family and my teammates have always been very supportive of my family and me, and for that I’m very appreciative."

Marks is a near lock to be a first-day pick come April and could go in the first round. ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. had Marks ranked as the fourth-best junior defensive tackle, behind Alabama's Terrence Cody, Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh and Oklahoma's Gerald McCoy.

Fellow defensive lineman Antonio Coleman will announce his intentions for next year at a press conference Jan. 3.

1 comment:

Scott H. said...

This is dissapointing because I think he had the potential to REALLY make a name for himself next season... but on the otherhand I understand his desire to play in the NFL and I would probably do the same thing. Good luck to him, hopefully he goes in the first round.