War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Richt pulling for Garner

Props to fellow McClatchy writer David Hale of the Macon Telegraph for this story on Rodney Garner today from Athens. Apparently, Georgia coach Mark Richt is pulling hard for Garner to get the job.

"What a wonderful opportunity to be considered at your alma mater in the Southeastern Conference at a wonderful program like Auburn," Richt said. "I think it’s a tremendous honor for Rodney, and I think it’s a great compliment for Georgia, too.”

If Auburn is serious about pursuing Garner, Richt said he wouldn't interfere.

"You don’t get into any kind of battle,” Richt said. “You encourage and try to help in every way. Rodney’s been open with me in every opportunity he’s ever had, and this one, I’m more of a cheerleader right now. I want him to realize his dream if that’s possible.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'mon - any guy with a bio pic like this

http://www.georgiadogs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8800&ATCLID=301097

HAS to be awesome! I mean, look at that crazy look in his eye!

Andy Bitter said...

I saw that. He does not appear to be joking around in that photo.

Anonymous said...

awesome Andy. Thanks for putting that photo up. My brother and I have had a caption writing contest with it for the last couple days. Most are not printable. Let's just say I would NOT mess with Mr. Garner.