Marcus Roberson, a four-star recruit Rivals ranks as the No. 2 cornerback nationally, became the Tigers' 23rd commitment for 2011, announcing his intentions to sign with Auburn on his Facebook page.
"I (committed) to Auburn," he wrote. "(I) appreciate every school for recruiting me and (I) think all of them (are) great places."
The 6-foot-1, 170-pound Roberson is from St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale.
He is ranked as the No. 2 cornerback nationally by Rivals and the No. 37 player overall. Scout lists him as the No. 4 safety in the country, while ESPN has him at No. 9.
Roberson committed earlier this month to Texas Tech, where his uncle, Otis Mounds, is a defensive graduate assistant.
But he maintained his commitment was open. With offers from Florida, Georgia and USC, among others, he chose Auburn, which he had visited in September.
He is the fourth defensive back to commit to the Tigers for 2011. Jonathan Rose of Leeds, Ala., is already enrolled in school. Anthony Swain of Gadsden, Ala., and Robenson Therezie of Miami, Fla., are also defensive backs who intend to sign with Auburn. Rose and Roberson are expected to play corner, while Swain and Therezie will begin at safety.
With Roberson's commitment, the Tigers' 23-member class is ranked third nationally by Scout, sixth by Rivals and eighth by ESPN.
Auburn can sign up to 28 players on Wednesday but can enroll only 25 in August.
Two four-star players announcing on signing day — Columbus tackle Gabe Wright and Valley, Ala., safety Erique Florence — are considered to be strong Auburn leans.
Roberson is Auburn's 23rd commitment for 2011. Teams can sign up to 28 on National Signing Day and enroll 25 in August.
Here's an updated list (rankings are by Rivals):
- Angelo Blackson, DL, 6-5, 289, 3-star, Bear, Del. (Red Lion Christian Academy)
- Quan Bray, ATH, 5-11, 178, 4-star, LaGrange, Ga. (Troup County High)
- Brent Calloway, RB/LB, 6-1, 210, 4-star, Russellville, Ala. (Russellville High)
- Sammie Coates, WR, 6-3, 170, 3-star, Leroy, Ala. (Leroy High)
- Jaylon Denson, WR, 6-3, 190, 4-star, Hoover, Ala. (Hoover High)
- Reese Dismukes, C, 6-3, 272, 4-star, Spanish Fort, Ala. (Spanish Fort High)
- Kiehl Frazier, QB, 6-3, 215, 4-star, Springdale, Ark. (Shiloh Christian)
- Kris Frost, LB, 6-3, 210, 5-star, Matthews, N.C. (Butler High)
- Brandon Fulse, TE, 6-4, 247, 4-star, Fort Meade, Fla. (Fort Meade High)
- Justin Garrett, OLB, 6-2, 185, 3-star, Tucker, Ga. (Tucker High)
- Keymiya Harrell, DE, 6-5, 235, 3-star, Plantersville, Ala. (Dallas County High)
- Chris Landrum, LB, 6-2, 215, 3-star, Sweet Water, Ala. (Sweet Water High)
- Tre Mason, RB, 5-10, 190, 4-star, Lake Worth, Fla. (Park Vista High)
- JaBrian Niles, DE, 6-2, 270, 3-star, Mobile, Ala. (Davidson High)
- Thomas O'Reilly, OL, 6-3, 315, 3-star, Marietta, Ga. (Pope High)
- Greg Robinson, OL, 6-5, 296, 4-star, Thibodaux, La. (Thibodaux High)
- Marcus Robersson, CB, 6-1, 170, 4-star, Fort Lauderdale, Fla. (St. Thomas Aquinas)
- Jonathan Rose, CB, 6-2, 170, 4-star, Leeds, Ala. (Leeds High)
- Devaunte Sigler, DE, 6-4, 250, 3-star, Mobile, Ala. (B.C. Rain High)
- Anthony Swain, S, 6-3, 215, 3-star, Gadsden, Ala. (Gadsden City High)
- Robenson Therezie, DB, 5-10, 180, 4-star, Miami, Fla. (Jackson High)
- C.J. Uzomah, TE/HB, 6-5, 230, 3-star, Suwanee, Ga. (North Gwinnett High)
- Christian Westerman, OL, 6-5, 290, 4-star, Chandler, Ariz. (Hamilton High)