War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Disco Infurlough


It's a rough time for newspapers these days. As a result, I'll be taking a weeklong furlough starting today and lasting through next Sunday. It's discouraging, but it's the reality of the business.

Unfortunately, that means I won't be able to ruminate on Auburn's possible bowl destinations for the next seven days. I assume things will be decided pretty quickly after Saturday's SEC championship game. Regardless, I can't work again until 12:01 a.m. ET next Monday.

In the meantime, think of my furlough as a weeklong party loosely resembling the video above by The Trammps, only with brighter colors, bigger lapels, wider bell-bottoms and funkier dance moves. (And plenty of video games. Oh, the video games.)

So I beg you not to abandon the blog in the next week. I'll be back soon.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andy: Thanks for all you've done this season. You're the best Auburn beat writer and will be missed this week.

Anonymous said...

Thx and sorry about MTO.

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Furlough well, Andy.

War Eagle AC-47 said...

Your paper chose the week of the SEC Championship Game to furlough its sportswriter. Corporate genius.

ExKnightMike said...

Oh man! The best sports writer in Georgia and Alabama combined gets laid off for a week? That sux! We'll miss you!

michael said...

Sucks man. Thanks for all the hard work.

AlanforAU said...

Andy, I thoughly enjoy your work. I am so glad I found your site and I look forward to your reporting in the future. Enjoy the "vacation" and we will be here when you get back:) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

john john said...

thank you!!!!!! Enjoy your time off

Sharky said...

Andy, Auburn has been invited to the Outback Bowl and you have the Trammps as your last entry.

Love it man!

Unknown said...

What are you Andy, Playstation or xbox? You get to play the new call of duty yet?