War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Video: Zac Etheridge talks about his neck injury

Zac Etheridge greeted his teammates at the Auburn athletic complex, wearing a harness that prevented him from moving his neck just days after a scary injury against Ole Miss left him briefly unable to move.

Etheridge said he tore some ligaments in his neck and cracked his fifth vertebra.

"I'm blessed to be able to walk again and just excited because I got a chance to see the guys again today too," he said. "I've got to give a heads up to the fans and everyone who has been praying, because prayer has been a miracle."

Etheridge was immobilized and taken to East Alabama Medical Center after injuring his neck on a tackle against Ole Miss. He was taken by ambulance to a Birmingham-area hospital. He was able to walk shortly thereafter.

Etheridge will miss the rest of the season. He said he'll have to wear the neck harness for three to four months. He has not undergone any surgeries so far.

"Hopefully I can get a chance to play again," Etheridge said. "After we got some pretty good results from the MRI and X-rays and CAT scans, things look like I'll be able to play again."

4 comments:

michael said...

Awesome video. Thanks, Andy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this for the fans. Please let Zac know that as a fan and a Christian I will continue to pray for him. Also, I would like to express my gratitute to the entire team for the work and effort they put forth every week.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this video. Zac, as a Christian, I pray our Lord will wrap His arms around you and heal and comfort you and your family, as part of the Auburn family, I thank you for your hard work and dedication..hope to see you back on the field. God bless you.

Unknown said...

hi, very nice, Neck Injury , thanks