War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Chizik on practice: 'They got the message'

TAMPA, Fla. — Auburn was sharper during its second practice in Tampa on Monday, shaking off the rust that had accumulated after a four-day break for the holidays.

"I thought the tempo today was much better," Tigers coach Gene Chizik said. "I thought the focus was much better. They got the message."

The weather cooperated, with the sun emerging from the clouds and temperatures rising to the mid-60's.

"A lot of people came out here with a whole bunch of stuff on today," running back Onterio McCalebb, a native of nearby Fort Meade, Fla. "I told them it was going to start warming up sooner or later and now they've gotten to feel the heat."

Auburn's players have a trip to Busch Gardens planned this afternoon.

"They're going to have to dynamite me out there," wide receivers coach Trooper Taylor said. "My son has called about three or four times this morning to see what time we're going to be out there.

"The receivers are going to meet as a group and see who can ride the most rollercoasters. The money's on me right now."

I'll be back with more later ...

No comments: