War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Tommy Trott looks back on career without regret

Hope everyone's having a Merry Christmas. Although it's a holiday, we at the blog don't take a break. (OK, we take a little break. Long enough to eat .... and open presents ... and nap ... and watch some football ... and eat again.) Anyway, I wrote a story about tight end Tommy Trott for today's newspaper. Here's how it starts:

AUBURN, Ala. — His knee still freshly scarred from knee surgery, Tommy Trott was keenly aware that his football clock was ticking last December when he spoke optimistically to reporters after Auburn tabbed Gene Chizik to be its new head coach.

The tight end knew his future didn’t involve the NFL, so he wanted to enjoy what little time he had left in a football uniform.

“I think I kind of looked at it like my career hadn’t really gone the way I wanted it to,” Trott said. “I kind of looked forward to getting some new coaches, getting some new coaching and see if they could bring anything new else out of me and see if I could become a better football player. …

“We had a lot more fun playing football this year than I’ve had in the past.”

Read the rest here. And follow the blog on Twitter.

3 comments:

War Eagle AC-47 said...

Hey, Andy. Merry Christmas. I hope you have a nice holiday with your family and friends. Thank you for keeping us informed. You have a very comprehensive blog and are a knowledgeable analyst.

Even though I subscribe to over two dozen or more blogs, I consider yours one of the top three I read on a daily basis.

ExKnightMike said...

Merry Christmas to you Andy, and thanks for the great work.
Your blog/column is the first one I check out each day.

Unknown said...

You found a picture of a pass that Trott actually caught? Its a Festivus miracle.