War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Decision Day for RB Marcus Lattimore

Auburn added one big-name recruit to the fold yesterday when defensive tackle Jeffrey Whitaker (Warner Robins, Ga.) committed to the Tigers.

Today, it could be five-star running back Marcus Lattimore of Duncan, S.C. The Byrnes High product will make an announcement tonight at his church at 6 p.m. ET.

Lattimore has been tight-lipped in the last week of the process but broke his silence to speak to the Sporting News the other day. He did not tip his hand. Here's what he had to say:

On South Carolina:
"If I go to South Carolina, I'd be a big-time receiver out of the backfield and I'd also run the ball a lot. I'm excited about that because I love catching the ball. I know it's going to be a challenge, but I've seen when coach (Steve) Spurrier was at Florida, when he had a great tailback like Fred Taylor and Errict Rhett and how he used them. I've seen tape on how he used them."
On Auburn:
"I think I'm going to be able to make plays at Auburn. I know I'd be utilized in the Wildcat offense like Darren McFadden was at Arkansas."
I see no favorites in those comments. Guess we'll have to wait until 6 p.m. to find out. The blog will update with info as soon as we get it.

7 comments:

James said...

Whats your gut feeling Andy?...your 'sources' think he chooses to be a part of the Auburn family?

Andy Bitter said...

I honestly have no idea.

Jerrod Moll said...

All signs point to USC, but who knows Auburn & Malzahn are a great pair for RB's.

For what it is worth:

M. Lattimore (RB) - 20%
C. Lemonier (DE) - 75%
B. Jones (DT) - 50%
S. Coleman (OT) - 85%

War Eagle!

weegle said...

are most people only feeling 20% for lattimore?yikes! i was feeling pretty good till now.hope we land him.war eagle auburn family.

Kevin Combs said...

The rumor mill is that the South Carolina locals like his pastor and high school coach have been relentless and that he has acquiesed to be the savior of the gamecocks terrible offense. It's sad when the locals can only think about themselves. He would be much better off at Auburn.

ExKnightMike said...

I'm thinking 50/50 on Lattimore. Success in the win-loss column and preparation for the NFL lies at Auburn.

Homestate loyalty is with USCe.

He lives in Clemson territory and is casual friends with Auburn and NFL star RB Stephen Davis. Who knows?

Andy Bitter said...

I don't think you can discount the fact that South Carolina hasn't recruited a running back this year. That spot is specifically for Lattimore.

If I were a recruit, I'd feel a lot more comfortable about playing time there than playing alongside Michael Dyer at Auburn.