War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Today's game against Arkansas a must-see in race for Heisman Trophy, SEC West title

Hey, everybody. Much more in a bit, but here's how today's game advance starts:
AUBURN, Ala. — You won’t find bigger names or bigger bodies at the quarterback position than Auburn’s Cam Newton and Arkansas’ Ryan Mallett.

But the two quarterbacks insist this afternoon’s showdown at Jordan-Hare Stadium, which should be on every Heisman voter’s must-watch list, won’t be a game of one-upmanship.

“It’s an extra incentive that we’re playing an SEC West team that is undefeated and ranked high,” Mallett said. “But he plays on their offense, and I play on my offense. It’s not me versus him.”

“It’s just do your job and win the football game,” Newton said. “That’s it.”

Seventh-ranked Auburn (6-0, 3-0 SEC) and No. 12 Arkansas (4-1, 1-1 SEC) will face each other as ranked teams for the first time in the schools’ histories.
Read the whole thing here. And follow the blog on Twitter and Facebook.

3 comments:

Tar Heel Tiger said...

Great story, AB! I'm ready for barbecue. GO TIGERS!!!

I'm afraid I share your concerns about Mallett vs our secondary. All the sunshine pumpers are predicting we'll have Mallett on his back all day. I sure hope so, but I don't share their confidence. It will take a better AU team than I've seen thus far this season to win today. I know that that better AU team is already in Auburn, so I am hopeful they take the field today.

MikeP said...

This is a first! Never before have I been accused of being a sunshine pumper! Usually it's "Mr. gloom and doom".

Sure we can lose but....there is no reason to think our pass rush will be less successful against Arky than it was against Clemson and South Carolina. If the rush is, indeed, that good, we can expect to win.

On another note: This was posted at 3 O'clock AM??? Andy got up before breakfast today!

Melissa said...

Texas A&M's secondary is ranked about the same as Auburn's and Arky only scored 3 pts against them the whole second half of their game last week! I have a good feeling. 38-24 Auburn wins