Two are by me, one is by Larry Gierer, who was up in Dadeville yesterday, and another by columnist Richard Hyatt.
And here are some other links you might find interesting:
- Here's the website Auburn has set up for updates about the Toomer's Corner trees.
- You can place orders to be in the lottery to get Toomer's Oaks seedlings here.
- The War Eagle Reader goes in the way back machine to debunk the notion that Auburn fans rolled Toomer's Corner after the news of Alabama coach Paul "Bear" Bryant's death, as "Al from Dadeville" claimed on Paul Finebaum's radio show last month.
- There is a Facebook page for this Saturday's "Tree Hug" at Toomer's Corner. (Must log in to see it.) There were 7,500 who planned to attend as of early Friday morning. Here's another page dedicated to saving Toomer's Corner.
- Courtesy of the city of Auburn, it's Toomer's Cam, a live stream of the corner.
- Former Auburn basketball player Tay Waller with perhaps the greatest tweet of the day.
- And if you're not following the Toomers Oaks Twitter account, you should.. Plenty of quips. ("Mmmmm... activated charcoal. At this point, I don't care if I OD on the stuff. Bring it.")
- Didn't see this until late Thursday night, but Andy Staples of Sports Illustrated, as usual, sums things up nicely in this poignant article about Toomer's Corner.
- And lastly, this picture was on the university's web page. It's Toomer's Corner from the 1890's.