War Eagle Extra has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.wareagleextra.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Players express relief QB spot filled

I wrote this story about Auburn's players reacted to the quarterback decision for Saturday's paper. Here's how it starts:

AUBURN, Ala. — Offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn stopped short of saying Thursday’s decision to go with Chris Todd as Auburn’s starting quarterback was a relief.

A few of the team’s senior leaders did it for him.

Cornerback Walt McFadden and running back Ben Tate spoke for their teammates Friday, satisfied that the Tigers’ quarterback race reached a conclusion in early August instead of stretching into the regular season like last year.

“I’m proud of my coach,” McFadden said. “Last year at this time, we were still (playing) those little games as to who’s going to be quarterback, who’s not. …

“Back then, we still had people that were, ‘I’m for Kodi Burns, I’m for Chris Todd, I’m for Kodi Burns.’ That kind of split the team up. It got to the position with who was starting the game, we were like, ‘I don’t know, man. We can’t win it with him.’ Now that we already have a quarterback, we already know who our quarterback is.”

Read the rest of the story here.

No comments: